Don’t Skip Your Most Important Meal of the Day
Image by Pexels from Pixabay
Remember the cliché, “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper?” It’s not far from the truth! Did you know breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day, providing as it does sustenance and energy for whatever activities lay ahead? Yes, it’s considered to be critical because it breaks the overnight fasting period and provides essential nutrients for your body to keep the energy levels up.
According to a recent research report, we should all consume 15–25% of our daily energy intake at breakfast. Eating breakfast from the leading breakfast restaurants in Colorado Springs restores your glycogen stores and boosts your energy levels and metabolism.
Harmful Effects of Skipping Breakfast
- Children who skip breakfast are heavier than the kids who eat breakfast regularly.
- Missing out on your breakfast diminishes the performance level of your mental ability, whereas eating breakfast facilitates quick learning, better understanding, and increases interest in learning.
- If you are eating pancake for breakfast in Colorado Springs, it supplies you with essential nutrients that reduce fatigue.
- Kids who do not eat sufficient breakfast are more likely to make poor food choices for the rest of the day and in the long term.
- People who eat breakfast have better eating habits, make good food choices, and have more nutritious diets compared to people who skip breakfast.
Reasons Why People Skip Breakfast
- They do not have enough time in the morning to have their breakfast.
- They are too tired to bother about having breakfast.
- Some people spend the extra time dozing off in bed instead of choosing an active lifestyle.
- Some people complain that they do not have more readily available breakfast options such as breakfast burritos in Colorado Springs.
Benefits of Eating Breakfast
- Consuming breakfast in the morning decreases hunger and food cravings. This avoids eating extra calories throughout the day.
- You are less likely to eat less by decreasing appetite.
- Consuming a high-quality breakfast improves the functioning of your brain, memory, and concentration power.
- Regularly eating a healthy breakfast prevents type 2 diabetes.
The Bottom Line
When choosing breakfast, try to eat foods that are nutrition rich with less sugar. Include eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, and whole wheat pancakes and avoid sugary cereals, white bread, and other highly processed foods.
Wade’s Café provides you with the right breakfast and lunch in Colorado Springs that features home-style food, large portions, and affordable prices.